Wednesday, September 26, 2007

LSLC Teleclass

I just had a fascinating experience!

Since I'm coming up on the end of Pimsleur Spanish 3, I've been shopping around for something with which to continue my studies. Specifically, I'd like to be able to continue making use of my commute to the office as practice time.

Of all the options I've checked out, Learning Spanish Like Crazy (usually abbreviated LSLC) looked promising enough that yesterday I went ahead & bought it.

LSLC has some content that looks to be useful for in-car use, but it also comes with transcripts, bonus videos, and other perks. Two very interesting perks are a web forum for LSLC customers to foster a sense of community learning and a weekly conference call Teleclass.

I just participated in my first Teleclass, and I'm pretty upbeat about the experience.

In this session, we were reading and discussing together a text in Spanish under the direction of a teacher, who kept us moving forward at a brisk pace and ensured that each of us was engaged personally in the process. Quite a challenge!

I have a feeling that my studies and progress are in for some meaningful acceleration and look forward to finding out.

No comments: